Hi, my name is Josh Kauffman, I'm the Director of Worship & Arts here at Malibu Pacific Church! If you are interested in serving with our worship ministry or would just like to get together to talk and pray, please contact me here.
“They held harps given them by God and sang the song of God's servant Moses and of the Lamb: 'Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty, Just and true are your ways, King of the nations.'" Revelation 15:3
What is Worship and how does our church do it in song?
- We worship with current songs that resonate with the truth of God’s Word, and we also draw on songs and hymns from many eras of the past. This reflects our inter-generational congregation.
- We often worship with the accompaniment of a full band, but sometimes it’s more stripped down and simple.
- Responding to God’s love, celebrating the glory of who he is, expressing our own love and gratitude for the Godhead above all others; this is what turns merely singing a song into the kind of worship the Father seeks.
- Jesus has opened the way for us to draw near to our Father, and he sanctifies our worship. So we sing directly to God from the heart, personally engaging with him through the Spirit, wholeheartedly giving him glory with both humility and joy.
- We sing about, and from the Lord to one another, and to our own souls, and to all who have ears to hear. We boldly proclaim his truth out over us, and we humbly sing out our need for him. The gospel is presented when we worship in Spirit and in Truth.
- We anticipate the presence of the Lord engaging with us, and through his Holy Spirit, ministering to us as we minister to him.
- We look to see Spirit-breathed, Christ-like transformation in our own lives as direct fruit of our time spent worshiping Jesus in song – true worship in song facilitates the on-going creation of, and is a reflection of, a life that glorifies God.