The Lord's Supper | At-Home Guide
April 30, 2020 to May 4, 2020
This Sunday we will partake in the Lord's Supper. We invite you to read and reflect on the Lord's Supper and how we will partake together from our homes by using this resource:
In this guide you will find:
How To Prepare to Take the Lord's Supper in Your Home
- What is the Lord's Supper?
- Why do we partake of the Lord's Supper in the way that we do?
- Who is invited ot partake in the Lord's Supper?
- Is my child ready to receive the Lord's Supper?
How To Partake of the Lord's Supper in Your Home
- When will we take communion? - We invite you to partake of the Lord’s supper in your home after the words of institution and invitation to the Lord’s table are proclaimed during the worship service, remembering that we are collectively partaking as one church body, and in communion with all Christians around the world.
What are the Elements? - Gather the bread (bread in any form; i.e. loaf, sliced, cracker, baked good) and the cup (juice in any form; grape juice, other juice or wine) ahead of time. The actual nature of the element does not matter as much as what these ordinary elements represent - the breaking of Jesus' body and the shedding of his blood.
How do We Serve One-Another the Elements? - Take turns serving one another, passing the elements. If you will be alone, consider facetiming with someone in our church, or simply take comfort that you are partaking simultaneosly with your brothers and sisters in Christ. Speak these words over one another or over yourself:
The one serving offers the bread saying, “The body of Christ, broken for you.”
The one serving offers the cup saying, “The blood of Christ, shed for you.”
What we are asking you to do:
Prepare your minds, prepare your hearts, prepare the elements and join us as we partake of the Lord's Supper together in worship on Sunday, May 3 at 10:15am
Please reach out to us with any questions: