Hi, this is Joshua Kauffman, worship director for MPC. I pray these songs speak the truth of the gospel of Jesus to the deepest parts of your soul! If you'd like to reach me by email regarding any of this music you can do so here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday July 8th, 2020
1) A YouTube video of a song about waiting on the Lord in a time of trouble. Taken from Psalm 130, this Shane & Shane rendition of "I Will Wait for You" is a prayer worth hearing and saying amen to as it washes over you!
2) A Spotify worship playlist of Songs for a Season of Lament:
1) A youtube video/slideshow of Keith Green himself performing live "Oh Lord, You're Beautiful"
After our worship team led this song this past Sunday I heard from a number of you who were so glad to be reminded of this gem! One person even said they were going to go find their old Keith Green cassette tape!
This YouTube video of Keith Green is a rare, early version of the song "Oh Lord, You're Beautiful" with different lyrics than the version that ended up on Keith's albums - some consider this his best performance of the song because he had just written it and it was raw and overflowing with passion!
2) Keith Green's studio recording of "Oh Lord, You're Beautiful" from Spotify:
You may notice this studio version not only has the more familiar lyrics we are used to, but Keith has also added a choir of singers and a band!
Wednesday June 24th, 2020
1) A note to our church from our own Jaron Micah about his new worship music EP!!!
Hi, my name is Jaron Micah Bundy, and you might recognize me from the Sunday morning worship team! I'm excited to announce to you that I have a new Worship EP that has just been released on all digital platforms!
I'm a highschool student and for the past year I've also been doing a worship internship with Josh Kauffman and serving as a part of the MPC worship ministry. During this season I have been able to grow in my faith and be inspired to write and create music! For example, one Sunday after listening to Josh’s message on Psalm 32, I was inspired to further seek this psalm and I wrote a song called “Blessings Poured on Us” - this ended up being the second track on my new EP!
I hope you'll take the time to listen to these songs. This EP was greatly influenced by what God has been doing in my life through the opportunities I've had here at MPC.
My hope and vision for this EP amidst the troubling times of the past few months is to bring a message of hope through refreshing worship grounded in the scriptures to encourage our community!
- Jaron Micah
2) A behind the scenes youtube video preview of one of Jaron's new songs and an Apple Music link to the album:
From the Big Stage to the Living Room -- "the translation"
There is a great deal of reimagining and rearranging (read: creative license) that goes into taking a song - produced and recorded by a large team of professional musicians, singers, and technicians of all sorts for the big stage - and translating that into something that will "sing" in an acoustic, living room environment like we've all found ourselves in during this pandemic season.
This past Sunday we introduced a new song written by Hannah McClure and Rita Springer. It was recently released by Bethel Music and it's called "Always Good." I thought it might be interesting to share with you that original recording and video which was done in the key of F for a soprano melody, and performed on the big stage with a big team of artists. It's a beautiful recording of a beautiful song and I hope you'll give it a good listen and add it to your rotation of songs for worship!
Then I hope you'll take a listen to our 3-piece, living room rendition, reimagined in the key of C for a tenor melody, and rearranged to fit the acoustic environment of a living room with just a guitar and piano for accompaniment. Our version may not be as polished and magnificent, but I think it has it's own unique beauty for sure.
I found great joy in the midst of a difficult season by partnering with my brother in law John Moessner and my good friend Misha Goetz to create and share our own unique version of this worship song as an offering to the One who is so worthy and who is Always Good! I pray it stirs your heart to sing!
1) A youtube worship video of our MPC worship team leading a song by The Brilliance called "Brother." Cross reference the words of Jesus from the Sermon on the Mount and hear his high call to love!
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
1) A youtube worship video from Urban Doxology called "Purge Me" shared live during a Sunday they visited MPC and led us in worship!
2) A youtube playlist of 11 studio recorded worship songs from Urban Doxology (including "Purge Me"). This youtube playlist should automatically continue playing from one song to the next once you start it, but you can also click the playlist icon in the top right of the video to go directly to a particular song.
1) A worship video (recorded by David Stratemeyer) of our version of the Leeland song "Where You Are." This was from one of our Evensong worship nights back in the day when we were able to lift our voices in worship together in person! I miss this!
2) A Spotify playlist of "best of" songs by Jeremy Riddle - a worship artist who for years has provided our church and churches around the world with beautiful and anointed songs of worship!
1) A Spotify playlist of Hymns by Hawaiian artists. This is in honor of my mom, Carol Kauffman, who raised 4 of us kids on the Big Island of Hawaii and who I know will love this music!
2) This youtube video is my take on "It Is Well With My Soul." Two of my sisters, Erika and Andrea (who were both born in Hawaii), sing harmony with me on this one. It's a recording from an album I released under the name Daelsson. The cover shot of the album, shown here in the video, was taken by my sister Andrea. It's of Kailua Bay in the heart of Kailua-Kona, HI.
Yes, it's an Apple Music playlist curated by our own Build High School ministry student, Karis Hughes, here is a note from her about it:
"Hi church family! I miss seeing you all each Sunday. I hope you all are doing well and most importantly finding time to be still and spend time with God during this uncertain time. One thing that I have learned to love during this time of quarantine is the still moments listening to God. I have found hope in God and in his promise to make everything beautiful in its time (Ecclesiastes 3:11). This playlist includes songs that have really spoken to me and given me hope. I encourage you to spend some time with Jesus today and listen to these songs and lean into the promises that you hear about in the lyrics." - Karis
2) "Christ Our Hope in Life and Death" (recorded in my home) for our online worship on Sunday 3/29/20.